Madeleine is an independent artist and jeweller living with her husband and two children on the beautiful North Norfolk coast, UK .
After her schooling in wild Wales she moved to Norfolk to study for a Fine Art degree in Norwich, where she met her artist husband. Together they work from their shared workshop in the village of Burnham Norton overlooking the marsh.
Madeleine has been working as a jeweller for more than fifteen years, her love of drawing continues to be an integral part of her practise as a metalsmith.
Her training is visible through the delicacy of her work and attention to detail she applies to each and every piece, this, combined with the time-worn patinas created through a process of salvaging and re-shaping results in unique pieces of wearable jewellery full of story telling detail.
Madeleine chooses to reuse metal wherever possible, melting down old, reclaimed silver and gold in order to make new work celebrating its visible history.
Each and every piece of Madeleine Spencer Jewellery is made by Madeleine in her workshop.
NEWS AND OUTLETS
Some of the outlets selling Madeleine Spencer Jewellery-
- Holkham Hall Courtyard Gift Shop, Holkham Hall, Wells-Next-the-Sea, Norfolk, NR23 1AB. A bespoke collection of gemstone earrings and pendants inspired by the beautiful Holme oaks growing in the grounds.
- GroundWork Gallery, I delighted to be showing a brand new collection this Summer at this superb gallery dedicated to art and the environment, from June 23rd to September 16th.
- North Norfolk Arts and Crafts fair, summer event held at Back to the Garden farm shop near Holt on July 28th and 29th, Letheringsett, Holt, NR25 7JJ. Also the much loved Winter event held in The Village Hall, St Giles Rd, Swanton Novers NR24 2RB on 3rd and 4th November, 10-4pm on Saturday and 11-4pm on Sunday.
- Pocock's The Artmonger, 21 North St, Burnham Market, Norfolk PE31 8HG.
- Verandah - A unique little shop run by a collective of artists in Holt has a bespoke collection of my jewellery at 39a Bull St, Holt, Norfolk, NR25 6HP.
- Bells & Whistles Kids, Drove Orchards, Thornham, Norfolk PE36 6LS has a unique collection of necklaces to suit both adults and kids!
- Houghton Hall, Bircham Road, Houghton, Kings Lynn, PE31 6UE. As part of this years Norfolk By Design Pop Up exhibition in The Stables a collection of my work will be on sale from 25 March to 29 July.
- Belles at St Nicks, a makers market held in the beautiful chapel on St Ann's St, Kings Lynn. I will be there on 1st July, 5th August and 2nd December.
Jewellery care- Over time silver and brass jewellery can develop a patina on the surface of the metal, this is to be welcomed as it adds to the jewellery's character! However if you wish to keep your jewellery looking as it did on arrival, avoid keeping it in the bathroom and store it in a zip lock bag as heat and moisture accelerate oxidisation. Your jewellery can be cleaned occasionally using a jewellery polishing cloth.
Alternatively send it to me with your return address and I will gladly polish it for you.
International buyers- Please be aware that International buyers are responsible for any customs fees.
If you are on the MSJ mailing list, the following personal information is stored.
-- your name
-- your email address
This information is for the sole purpose of keeping you informed of upcoming MSJ events and is stored in a secure MSJ list within MailChimp- my chosen newsletter provider. MailChimp will not contact you directly and MSJ will never share your personal details with anyone else.
If at any time you wish to stop receiving such communications there is a link at the bottom of each MSJ mail out to click to unsubscribe.