Madeleine is an independent artist and jeweller living with her husband and two children on the beautiful North Norfolk coast, UK .
After her schooling in wild Wales she moved to Norfolk to study for a Fine Art degree in Norwich, where she met her artist husband. Together they work from their shared workshop in the village of Burnham Norton overlooking the marsh.
Madeleine has been working as a jeweller for more than fifteen years, her love of drawing continues to be an integral part of her practise as a metalsmith.
Her training is visible through the delicacy of her work and attention to detail she applies to each and every piece, this, combined with the time-worn patinas created through a process of salvaging and re-shaping results in unique pieces of wearable jewellery full of story telling detail.
Madeleine chooses to reuse metal wherever possible, melting down old, reclaimed silver and gold in order to make new work celebrating its visible history.
Each and every piece of Madeleine Spencer Jewellery is made by Madeleine in her workshop.
Some of the outlets selling Madeleine Spencer Jewellery-
- Holkham Hall Courtyard Gift Shop, Holkham Hall, Wells-Next-the-Sea, Norfolk, NR23 1AB. A bespoke collection of gemstone earrings and pendants inspired by the beautiful Holme oaks growing in the grounds.
- GroundWork Gallery, I delighted to be showing a brand new collection this Summer at this superb gallery dedicated to art and the environment, from June 23rd to September 16th.
- North Norfolk Arts and Crafts fair, The much loved Winter event held in The Village Hall, St Giles Rd, Swanton Novers NR24 2RB on 3rd and 4th November, 10-4pm on Saturday and 11-4pm on Sunday.
- Pocock's The Artmonger, 21 North St, Burnham Market, Norfolk PE31 8HG.
- Verandah - A unique little shop run by a collective of artists in Holt has a bespoke collection of my jewellery at 39a Bull St, Holt, Norfolk, NR25 6HP.
- Norfolk By Design online shop.
Jewellery care- Over time silver and brass jewellery can develop a patina on the surface of the metal, this can easily be removed using a jewellery polishing cloth.
Alternatively send it to me with your return address and I will gladly polish it for you.
If you are on the MSJ mailing list, the following information is stored.
-- your name
-- your email address
This information is for the sole purpose of keeping you informed of upcoming MSJ events and is stored in a secure MSJ list within MailChimp- my chosen newsletter provider. MailChimp will not contact you and MSJ will never share your details with anyone else.
If at any time you wish to stop receiving such communications there is a link at the bottom of each MSJ newsletter to click to unsubscribe.