Madeleine is an artist and jeweller living with her husband and two children on the coast in North Norfolk, UK .
After her schooling in wild Wales she went on to study Fine Art in Norfolk, where she works from her studio in the village of Burnham Norton overlooking the marsh.
Madeleine has been working as a jeweller for more than ten years.
Her training in drawing is visible in the layered marks and textures she applies to the metal, this, combined with the time-worn patinas created through a process of salvaging and re-shaping results in unique pieces of jewellery full of story telling detail.
Madeleine chooses to reuse metal wherever possible, melting down old, reclaimed silver and gold in order to make new work with a visible history.
NEWS AND OUTLETS
MSJ is available to purchase from the following outlets-
- Holkham Hall Courtyard Gift Shop, Holkham Hall, Wells-Next-the-Sea, Norfolk, NR23 1AB. A bespoke collection of gemstone earrings and pendants inspired by the beautiful Holme oaks growing in the grounds.
- This years North Norfolk Arts and Crafts Winter Fair dates are Sat 11th & Sun 12th November at Swanton Novers village hall, St Giles Rd, NR24 2RB. I will have a brand new collection on sale featuring new gemstones and gold.
- Pocock's The Artmonger, 21 North St, Burnham Market, Norfolk PE31 8HG has a bespoke silver "Constellations" collection for sale.
- Verandah has a bespoke collection of silver and brass jewellery at Bull St, Holt, Norfolk, NR25 6HP.
- Bells & Whistles Kids, Drove Orchards, Thornham, Norfolk PE36 6LS has a collection of "Initial" pendant necklaces to suit both adults and kids!
- The Little House Christmas Sale, Overy Rd, Burnham Market, PE31 8HH on Sat 9th and Sun 10th Dec. An intimate group of artists working in different mediums showing current work. Hope to see you there!
Jewellery care- Over time silver and brass jewellery can develop a patina on the surface of the metal, this is to be welcomed as it adds to the jewellery's character! However if you wish to keep your jewellery looking as it did on arrival, avoid keeping it in the bathroom and store it in a zip lock bag as heat and moisture accelerate oxidisation. Your jewellery can be cleaned occasionally using a jewellery polishing cloth.
International buyers- Please be aware that International buyers are responsible for any customs fees.