Madeleine is an artist and jeweller living with her husband and two children on the coast in North Norfolk, UK .
After her schooling in wild Wales she went on to study Fine Art in Norfolk, where she works from her studio in the village of Burnham Norton overlooking the marsh.
Madeleine has been working as a jeweller for more than ten years.
Her training in drawing is visible in the layered marks and textures she applies to the metal, this, combined with the time-worn patinas created through a process of salvaging and re-shaping results in unique pieces of jewellery full of story telling detail.
Madeleine chooses to reuse metal wherever possible, melting down old, reclaimed silver and gold in order to make new work with a visible history.
NEWS AND OUTLETS
MSJ is available to purchase from the following outlets-
- Holkham Hall Courtyard Gift Shop, Holkham Hall, Wells-Next-the-Sea, Norfolk, NR23 1AB. A bespoke collection of gemstone earrings and pendants inspired by the beautiful Holme oaks growing in the grounds.
- This years North Norfolk Arts and Crafts Summer Fair is being held at Back to the Garden, Holt, NR25 7JJ on Sat 15th & Sun 16th July. The NNAC Winter Fair dates are Sat 11th & Sun 12th November. I will have new collections for sale at each fair.
- Pocock's The Artmonger, 21 North St, Burnham Market, Norfolk PE31 8HG has a bespoke "Constellations" collection for sale.
- Verandah has a bespoke collection at Bull St, Holt, Norfolk, NR25 6HP.
- Bells & Whistles Kids, Drove Orchards, Thornham, Norfolk PE36 6LS has a bespoke collection of "Initial" pendant necklaces to suit both adults and kids!
- Norfolk by Design at Houghton Hall, an exhibition running from 30th April-30th Sept in the stables PE31 6UE. Open 11am-5pm Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun and Bank Holidays. A collection of earrings and necklaces in sterling silver and gold.
Jewellery care- Over time silver and brass jewellery can develop a patina on the surface of the metal, this is to be welcomed as it adds to the jewellery's character! However if you wish to keep your jewellery looking as it did on arrival, avoid keeping it in the bathroom and store it in a zip lock bag as heat and moisture accelerate oxidisation. Your jewellery can be cleaned occasionally using a jewellery polishing cloth.
International buyers- Please be aware that International buyers are responsible for any customs fees.